Interactive Behaviour Board
- A great tool to help those that sometimes struggle to maintain appropriate behaviour. Can be used as either a display tool, a teaching aid or as part of a group activity.
- Both board and symbols are made from plastic so they are incredible durable and hardwearing
- The board is A4 in size – which is a good size for both display on the wall and also to keep on the desk for easy access and reference. The symbols themselves are 4.5cm square, again easy to both see and handle.
- Includes 17 different pre-printed plastic symbols of common behaviours – both those you want to encourage and those you don’t. Also includes 5 crosses and 5 ticks, so you can use the board the way you want – either all positive behaviours you wish to encourage, all negative behaviours you want to target, or a mix of the two.
- We use hook and loop fasteners with our products, to ensure that the board is also compatible with your existing symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker software, which are the images that most schools and facilities rely on. This means that individuals are likely to already be familiar with the symbols used which can be extremely important when trying to encourage the use of the product. The images are Mayer-Johnson images, by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission.
Increase the flexibility of your Interactive Behaviour Board with a Blank Symbol Expansion Pack. Containing a film of self-adhesive, pre scored plastic film, images of your choosing can be printed using a regular laser printer or alternatively drawn on by hand with a permanent pen. Once the images are on the plastic film, simply remove from the backing paper and place onto the blank plastic symbol squares included in the pack.
Great Value Bundles!
Why not upgrade to one of our great value bundles? These are combinations of products that we know from experience work really well together, and have been bundled together to save you both time and money!
The Interactive Behaviour Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is one of our most popular tools to help manage behaviour.
It comes with a selection of behaviours, including positive behaviours (that you want to encourage), and negative behaviours (that you want to discourage). These can then be placed on the board along with a tick or a cross, depending on whether you want to encourage or discourage the behaviour. This means that you can customise the board to show only the information that is relevant to the specific person it is supporting.
It can then easily be changed to show different information if you would like to support a different person, or the same person in a different environment.
It is also used very successfully as part of a group work session, which involves discussions about each of the behaviours, and whether they are ‘good behaviours’ or ‘negative behaviours’.
It can also be used to enable children to create their own ‘classroom rules’, with only minimal guidance from their teacher. This allows them to take ownership over the rules, truly understand the reasons behind them, and feel like they are responsible for them. This in turn means that they are much more likely to follow them and behave appropriately.
It has 17 behaviour symbols, depicting both positive and negative symbols, with space on the board for up to 5 behaviours at any one time (any more starts to get confusing).
It also comes with 5 ticks and 5 crosses, so the board can be configured to show either all positive behaviours, all negative ones, or a mixture of both (typically most people find that a mixture of both works best).
Its A4 size means that it can easily be used on a table as a teaching aid, but can also be seen whilst on display on the wall.
Both the board and symbols are made from plastic, which makes them extremely hard wearing and durable. Our products typically withstand the stresses placed on them by daily life very well, and usually last for years.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Joanne, United Kingdom
“Really excellent quality that far exceeds most visuals. ….most being made quite flimsy and just paper been laminated. ….these are much more professional and look fantastic !really pleased I bought these and would highly recommend them”
Stacey Day, United Kingdom
“Love love love it. Very durable. Easy to understand for my son. And fits nicely into my back pack to take places to remind my son. He’s lovin his new “rules” this doesn’t completely reign in impulsive behaviour but it’s very good to talk and explain after events aswell”
Joanne Appleyard, United Kingdom
“Has helped our son to understand been fun very well made ,now bought most of these boards thank you.”
“My kid likes to use even when he does something wrong . He goes and show us things he shouldn’t do.”
Anonymous, United States
“I just received this today, thank you so much for the seller it came right on time and in good condition 😊👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👍🏻 I really love it 😍 the product it’s very good you can bend it , the Velcro sticks are very good very strong , the colors of the pics are very nice 😊😘 thank you 👩👦👦.”
“Excellent for my autistic son.”
Board size: A4
Symbol size: 4.5cm square
Material: Semi-flexible polypropylene plastic
Number of detachable symbols included: 27
Fastener type: Hook and loop fastener
- 5 ticks
- 5 crosses
- break things
- cover mouth
- hit others
- hold hands
- talk quietly
- pick nose
- take away
- put away
This product is not a toy. Only for use by persons over 3 years of age, and under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Self Regulation Behaviour Bundle
Mega Behaviour Management Bundle
Other products you might like…
Behaviour Warning Board
Behaviour Management Keyring Bundle
Mini Behaviour Management Visuals Bundle