Visual Symbol Countdown Keyring (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A simple visual keyring containing 2 different visual countdowns.
- Perfect for counting down to the end of an activity, or for signifying the impending start of a transition.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who experiences speech or language difficulties, are pre-verbal or non-verbal, and are visual learners.
- Great to help promote independence and develop key life skills – a goal often included in many IEPs.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to life in an autism household!
- Dimensions: 2.75” x 2.75” – large enough to easily see and refer to, small enough to fit in your pocket or bag (we understand that communication needs don’t just affect people within the home or school environment.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
- This product is not a toy. To be used only under direct supervision by a responsible adult. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts causing a choking hazard
A pocket sized keyring containing 2 different countdowns (numerical and color-based), along with a ‘finished’ symbol.
Ideal for people who are pre-verbal, or non verbal, that learn visually and struggle with transitioning from one activity to another.
This product can be used to count down to the end of an activity, to provide some visual notice of the upcoming transition. It can also be used a way of de-escalating an episode of behaviour, by counting down and then stating that ‘XYZ behaviour has now finished’.
A perfect behavior tool to help reduce frustration and the resulting meltdowns, by de-escalating potentially difficult situations before they arise.
For those that understand numbers, there is a numerical countdown from 5 down to 1, followed by a sign for ‘finished’.
For those that are not yet familiar enough with numbers for this system to work, there is also a colour coded system based on traffic light colours, from green, through amber, to red.
Both these countdowns can be followed by the included ‘finished’ symbol.
Because we know that behavior difficulties are not something that just happens in the home, our keyring is completely portable, and at 2.75” square, the cards easily fit into your pocket. They are the perfect compromise between being large enough to see but small enough to easily handle.
Each symbol measures 2.75” square, with rounded corners to avoid scratches. This size is the perfect size to ensure the keyring is portable, and can fit into most sized pockets, yet the symbols are easily to see.
Because the symbols are made entirely from plastic, the keyring is waterproof and can be kept hygienically clean through wiping it down when necessary and washing with a mild soap. Particularly important in the current climate when hygiene and sanitising is important.
Visual aids and communication symbols are being used globally with people with learning disabilities and people on the spectrum, as well as in mainstream preschools. Now you can use the same system at home, giving your child consistency and gaining the same benefits as teachers and carers have been seeing for years.
The binding ring opens, to allow you to easily change the order of symbols, and to remove selected symbols based on your personal circumstances. Our customers particularly love this feature, as it means they can only take the symbols they will need out with them, and leave the rest safely at home.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
This product is not a toy. To be used only under direct supervision by a responsible adult. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts causing a choking hazard
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 9