- Ideal to help people communicate to others around them and to express how they are feeling and what they want and/or need.
- Contains 16 different common things that someone might want to say, including things such as hungry, thirsty, hot, cold, home, car, uncomfortable and bored.
- The symbols are made from plastic so they are incredible durable and hardwearing, and are held together on a sturdy metal binding ring so the order of symbols can easily be changed.
- The symbols are all 7cm square with rounded corners. This makes it a perfect tool to be use anywhere and everywhere, as it easily fits into most pockets.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker software, which are the images that most schools and facilities rely on. This means that individuals are likely to already be familiar with the symbols used which can be extremely important when trying to encourage the use of the product. The images are Mayer-Johnson images, by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission.
Great Value Bundles
Why not combine your Washing Hands Schedule with some of our other similar products in one of our great value bundles? These products have been specially selected as complementing each other really well, and our bundles are really loved by lots of our customers.
The lack of adequate communication skills is often a key source of great frustration for those on the autistic spectrum, or those with limited verbal abilities.
This useful, pocket sized, keyring, comes with a collection of symbol cards for users to express their basic wants and needs. It allows them to easily express how they are feelings (e.g. hot/cold, hungry/thirsty etc), and also what they would like (e.g. toilet, car, to go home).
It is fantastic to promote communication, reduce stress and meltdowns, and often has a massively positive impact on the user’s quality of life.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully. Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Mr Flitz, United Kingdom
“Great tool for learning to communicate”
“These are really great, my non-verbal son is about to start nursery and we needed a way for him to communicate his basic needs and these are perfect. His speech therapist was very impressed also. They are small enough to fit in a pocket so he can have them on him at all times but they are also bold enough so you can very clearly see what they are. I am just so thankful they have given us a way to communicate.”
“Nice quality and easy to bring anywhere”
Diane, United Kingdom
“Good size for him to hold”
“Really helps my little boy”
Randi Gonzalez, United States
“Big, and very good quality”
“My daughter is 3 and this a perfect tool in her communication skills building”
Mary, United Kingdom
“Great for my son to tell me what he needs”
Llecnod Ekim, United Kingdom
“Fast Shipping, everything as described on product page. Good Quality.”
Mel54, United Kingdom
“Fixed on a ring, so easy to use”
“Handy handbag size for these little cards”
Symbol size: 7cm square
Material: Semi-flexible polypropylene plastic
Number of symbols included: 16, plus 1 blank symbol for your own image
- I have something to say
- I like that. I don’t like that
- More, finish
- Hungry, thirsty
- Hot, cold
- Car, toilet, home
- Bored, tired, uncomfortable, sick
- Also contains blank card for your own symbol or for storing reward tokens (not included)
Fastener type: Stainless steel binding ring
This product is not a toy. Only for use by persons over 3 years of age, and under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Communication Visuals Bundle
Mega Communication Visuals Bundle
Other products you might like
Activity Choice Board
Snack Choice Board