Activity Choice Board
- Perfect to encourage the making of choices and for improving independence which is key goal in many Person Centred Plans (PCPs) and Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Both board and symbols are made from plastic so they are incredible durable and hardwearing
- The board is A4 in size – which is a good size for both display on the wall and also to keep on the desk for easy access and reference. The symbols are 4.5cm square, again easy to both see and handle.
- Includes pre-printed plastic symbols for a range of 16 different indoor and outdoor activities, including ones designed to encourage exercise and promote a healthy lifestyle. However, we use hook and loop fasteners with our products, to ensure that the board is also compatible with your existing symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker software, which are the images that most schools and facilities rely on. This means that individuals are likely to already be familiar with the symbols used which can be extremely important when trying to encourage the use of the product. The images are Mayer-Johnson images, by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission.
Increase the flexibility of your Snack Choice Board with a Symbol Expansion Pack. All expansion packs contain a film of self-adhesive, pre scored plastic film. For the COVID-friendly activities pack, images have been pre-printed directly onto the self adhesive plastic film. For the blank expansion pack, images of your choosing can be printed using a regular laser printer or alternatively drawn on by hand with a permanent pen. Once the images are on the plastic film, simply remove from the backing paper and place onto the blank plastic symbol squares included in the pack.
Great Value Bundles!
Why not upgrade to one of our great value bundles? These are combinations of products that we know from experience work really well together, and have been bundled together to save you both time and money!
This A4 plastic Activity Choice board comes with a selection of 16 common indoor and outdoor activities.
A few options can be placed on the board from which the person can choose. The number placed on the board is dependent on the abilities of the person it is being used to support. Some people will be able to make a meaningful choice if there is only a couple of options from which they can choose, whereas some people will be able to choose from a much greater number of options.
Being able to make basic choices about their lives is often a source of much frustration for many autistic and non-verbal people. Even those that can communicate verbally to a limited extent will often have trouble making choices. Echolalia is common amongst those on the spectrum, and so when presented with a verbal choice they will often simply repeat the last thing they heard. This can appear to be them making a choice, however if this is not what they actually mean then treating this as an actual choice they are making can lead to increasing frustration and confusion.
Each plastic symbol is 4.5cm square, with rounded corners to prevent scratches, and attaches to the board with hook and loop fasteners.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
West11, United Kingdom
“Great little board!”
“Lovely board for my autistic son for him to choose after school activities. Simple and good quality, easy to use. Highly recommend.”
Anonymous teacher, United States
“These are very durable. The pec symbols are made of hard plastic, not laminated. Great for my class”
Michael Driscoll, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for our son”
Andrea King, Canada
“This is so awesome I can’t wait to use it with my students thank you!!”
Samantha K, United Kingdom
“Best quality I’ve seen”
“Beautiful quality, extremely well made. Highly recommend.”
Glenna Unurh, United States
“Works great for our autistic grandchild.”
Board size: A4
Symbol size: 4.5cm square
Material: Semi-flexible polypropylene plastic
Number of detachable symbols included: 16
Fastener type: Hook and loop fastener
- arts & crafts
- outside play
- sensory toys
This product is not a toy. Only for use by persons over 3 years of age, and under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Visual Choice Board Bundle
Mega Communication Visuals Bundle
Other products you might like…
Snack Choice Board
Communication Visuals Bundle