Visual Symbol Weekly Planner/Calendar (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A colorful visual weekly planner / calendar that shows the events that will happen on each day.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Great to help promote independence and develop executive functioning skills, and ideal for those that struggle with their concentration or anxiety.
- A3 board, together with 24 symbols to allow the person to easily see what will happen on each day. This can help reduce anxiety.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to everyday use in an autism household!
Symbols: 1.75” square, again easy to both see and handle
Board: A3 size – a great size for both display on the wall and also to keep on the desk for easy access and reference
- Includes 24 pre-printed plastic symbols for the activities that commonly happen during the course of a child’s week. Also includes duplicates for some symbols for activities that happen multiple times during the week (e.g. school).
- We use hook and loop fasteners with our products, to ensure that the board is also compatible with your existing PECS symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose.
(The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide)
A colorful visual weekly planner / calendar that shows the events that will happen on each day. Perfect for anyone with limited abilities to communicate verbally or read words, it is commonly used to help support autistic individuals, as well as those with PDA, ADHD, dementia and even young neurotypical children.
Ideal to support those who need to know what is happening, and when. It is also very helpful when introducing the basic concepts of the passage of time. With a separate column for each day of the week, it allows the user to easily see exactly what will happen on each day – without the need for constant verbal intervention.
The Weekly Planner / calendar is a perfect tool to encourage independence and responsibility and improve executive functioning skills. It also helps to promote forward planning. One of our most popular products, this A3 sized plastic board is perfect to attach to the wall (fixings not included), or keeping in a clearly visible place to make it easy to refer to quickly.
Your ASD Weekly Planner / Calendar will come with 24 pre-printed plastic symbols, plus enough hook and loop fastening for all the symbols. It also caters for events that happen multiple times a week (e.g. school). Each set of images that come with our products have been carefully selected based on over 30 years of professional and personal experience – together with feedback from our thousands of customers across the world. With the board measuring 16” x 10.5”, and made from flexible but strong plastic (to help avoid injury) it’s the perfect size to easily see whilst not being too intrusive in a room. There is space on each column for approximately 3-4 symbols. Any fewer, and the board becomes less useful. Any more than this and it can easily get confusing and defeat the object of using the board.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
The Weekly Planner by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 16 x 0 x 10.75 x 0.2 Inches (A3 size)
Symbols: 1.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 24