Visual Symbol Communication Keyring (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A simple visual keyring containing 16 different symbols representing things someone may want to communicate to those around them.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who experiences speech or language difficulties, are pre-verbal or non-verbal, and are visual learners.
- Perfect for encouraging communication from young children, or for providing visual reinforcement to support older children or adults with their communication needs.
- Great to help promote independence and develop key life skills – a goal often included in many IEPs.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to life in an autism household!
- Dimensions: 2.75” x 2.75” – large enough to easily see and refer to, small enough to fit in your pocket or bag (we understand that communication needs don’t just affect people within the home or school environment.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose.
(The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
A pocket sized keyring containing a range of different symbols for things that someone might want to communicate to those around them. It is a simple, yet extremely effective, tool to promote communication.
Ideal for people who are pre-verbal, or non verbal, that would otherwise struggle to communicate their needs and wants.
An ideal tool to help reduce frustration and resulting meltdowns, by improving communication by using images to supplement speech.
Communicating verbally with young children or people on the spectrum with limited verbal abilities can be extremely stressful for the person. It can take time, and concentration, for them to process what they actually want to communicate, and then finding and saying the actual words can often be simply too much. Because of this, many non verbal and pre verbal people often ‘give up’ with the idea of communicating to others.
Our Communication Keyring sorts all of this. It removes that final step, of actually finding and saying the right words, which is often the final straw for many when trying to communicate their needs. It contains 16 different symbols for common wants and needs, ranging from ‘I’m hungry’ through to ‘toilet’ and ‘ill’.
Visual aids and communication symbols are being used globally with people with learning disabilities and people on the spectrum, as well as in mainstream preschools. Now you can use the same system at home, giving your child consistency and gaining the same benefits as teachers and carers have been seeing for years.
Because we know that communication difficulties is not something that just happens in the home, our keyring is completely portable, and at 2.75” square, the cards easily fit into your pocket. They are the perfect compromise between being large enough to see but small enough to easily handle.
The binding ring opens, to allow you to easily change the order of symbols, and to remove selected symbols based on your personal circumstances. Our customers particularly love this feature, as it means they can only take the symbols they will need out with them, and leave the rest safely at home.
Symbols included are: “I have something to say”, “I like that”, “I don’t like that”, more, finish, hungry, thirsty, hot, cold, car, toilet, home, bored, tired, uncomfortable, sick. Also includes a blank card for drawing your own symbol on, or for storing reward tokens (not included).
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Keyring Symbols: 2.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 16