Getting Dressed Schedule
- Great to promote independence when dressing.
- Getting dressed independently is a key life skill that promotes not only independence in this task, but also improves self confidence.
- Both board and symbols are made from plastic so they are incredible durable and hardwearing
- The board measures 31cm x 8cm – a great size to keep it easily portable around the house yet easy to see.
- The symbols are 4.5cm square, again easy to both see and handle.
- Includes 12 pre-printed plastic symbols depicting common items of clothing.
- We use hook and loop fasteners with our products, to ensure that the board is also compatible with your existing symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker software, which are the images that most schools and facilities rely on.
- Using symbols the person is already familiar with is a great way to increase understanding and use of the product from the start
- The images are Mayer-Johnson images, by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission.
Increase the flexibility of your Getting Dressed Schedule with a Blank Symbol Expansion Pack. Containing a film of self-adhesive, pre scored plastic film, images of your choosing can be printed using a regular laser printer or alternatively drawn on by hand with a permanent pen. Once the images are on the plastic film, simply remove from the backing paper and place onto the blank plastic symbol squares included in the pack.
This board helps to develop independence and promotes key life skills by clearly showing the steps needed when getting dressed.
Getting dressed independently is an important skill to develop, and when someone develops this skill it can be a great boost to self esteem and confidence. This can then lead to the confidence and motivation to increase their independence in other areas of their lives.
It breaks down the process of dressing into small, manageable chunks, which helps with getting through what needs to be done. This board comes with 12 common clothing symbols, and is suitable for both males and females. It has space for five symbols on the board at any one time.
The board and symbols themselves are all made from high quality plastic, which makes them extremely hardwearing and durable. They will typically last for years.
This product breaks down an everyday, essential, process into small, manageable chunks. Showing this information in a visual manner is extremely helpful for those who struggle with their concentration and executive function skills.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Natasha, United Kingdom
“I have many PECs from Autism supplies and developments they have a broad range of visual aids and I believe I now nearly own all the Pecs available.
The getting dressed schedule has helped us incredibly.
They are Very clear and concise visual aids BRILLIANT for my 7 year old that has Autism and adhd and sensory processing disorder
Very Good quality durable and fast delivery lovely helpful customer service many thanks”
Amanda S, United Kingdom
“Great item at a great price”
Sarah Has, Canada
“A must have!”
“I absolutely love the quality of this”
Kel, United Kingdom
“Handy for my son”
Chelle, United Kingdom
“These charts are amazing. This is my seventh chart with another one on the way. My son responds to them very well. Well packaged and arrived quick.”
“Good visual card”
“Good quality. This is really helpful for my daughter.”
Matthew Smith, United Kingdom
Queen13, United States
“Exactly what my child needs”
Board size: 31 x 8cm
Symbol size: 4.5cm square
Material: Semi-flexible polypropylene plastic
Number of detachable symbols included: 12
Fastener type: Hook and loop fastener
- trousers / pants (one symbol for each of UK and American English
- underwear (male underwear symbol)
- underwear (female underwear symbol)
This product is not a toy. Only for use by persons over 3 years of age, and under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Great Value Bundles!
Why not upgrade to one of our great value bundles? These are combinations of products that we know from experience work really well together, and have been bundled together to save you both time and money!
Complete Self Care Routines Bundle
Other products you might like…
Now Next Later Board
Personal Hygiene Bundle