Visual Symbol Interactive Behavior Board (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A great visual tool to help people who struggle to identify acceptable and non-acceptable behavior, and a first step to learning to self-regulate their own behavior.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who has communication and behavioral difficulties, and who are visual learners.
- A perfect way to teach about behavior expectations, and to give the person a voice to communicate their own thoughts about certain behaviors in a fun, engaging manner.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge.
- Dimensions: Board – 11.5” x 8.5” (A4) – the perfect size for keeping handy nearby whilst remaining easy to see at a glance to refer to. Symbols – 1.75” square (rounded corners) – ideal size to be easy to both handle and see.
- Comes with 17 pre-printed plastic symbols covering a wide range of behaviors (both positive and negative). Also comes with 5 ticks, and 5 crosses to identify the behavior as desirable or not. Symbols ship within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Interactive Behavior Board.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
The Interactive Behaviour Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is one of our most popular tools to help manage behaviour. It comes with a selection of behaviours, including positive behaviours (that you want to encourage), and negative behaviours (that you want to discourage). These can then be placed on the board along with a tick or a cross, depending on whether you want to encourage or discourage the behaviour.
This means that you can customise the board to show only the information that is relevant to the specific person it is supporting. It can then easily be changed to show different information if you would like to support a different person, or the same person in a different environment.
This durable A4 board has also been used very successfully as part of a group work session, which involves discussions about each of the behaviours, and whether they are ‘good behaviours’ or ‘negative behaviours’.
It can also be used to enable children to create their own ‘classroom rules’, with only minimal guidance from their teacher. This allows them to take ownership over the rules, truly understand the reasons behind them, and feel like they are responsible for them. This in turn means that they are much more likely to follow them and behave appropriately.
It has 17 behaviour symbols, depicting both positive and negative symbols, with space on the board for up to 5 behaviours at any one time (any more starts to get confusing). It also comes with 5 ticks and 5 crosses, so the board can be configured to show either all positive behaviours, all negative ones, or a mixture of both (typically most people find that a mixture of both works best).
Its A4 size means that it can easily be used on a table as a teaching aid, but can also be seen whilst on display on the wall.
All symbols are pre printed and ready to go. Just pop out from the backing plastic, and attach the enclosed hook and loop.
No more laminating symbols just to have them split and fall apart a few weeks later! A game changer for parents and professionals alike
Those with autism, or on the autistic spectrum, can offer suffer with difficulties in controlling their own behavior, and understanding the impact that they can have on others. This handy tool is great as the basis for a discussion as to why certain behaviors are encouraged, and why some are not appropriate.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
Being made from semi-rigid plastic, this board is strong and durable, and easy to clean / sanitise. Simply wash with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Especially important at the moment, and designed to stand up to life in an autism household!
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
The Interactive Behavior Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 Inches (A4 size)
Symbols: 1.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 27