Washing Hands Schedule
- An ideal tool to gently prompt the user through the stages involved in washing their hands. Great for teaching young children, and for reinforcing the stages that older children and adults need to take.
- The board is made from plastic to ensure that it is incredible durable and hardwearing. It is waterproof, and designed to stand up to a steamy and often humid bathroom environment that most materials would struggle in.
- Easy to clean and keep hygienic due to it being an all in one board (no detachable symbols) and made from plastic. Simply wipe over with a wet cloth with a little hand soap.
- The board measures 32cm x 7cm – small enough to fit next to most toilets to make it easy to refer to, but large enough so the images can clearly be seen.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker software, which are the images that most schools and facilities rely on.
Great Value Bundles
Why not combine your Washing Hands Schedule with some of our other similar products in one of our great value bundles? These products have been specially selected as complementing each other really well, and our bundles are really loved by lots of our customers.
The Washing Hands Schedule by Autism Supplies and Developments one of a range of products designed to increase independence and help users to master basic personal hygiene tasks.
It is an important visual tool which encourages users to develop their independence by teaching them how to wash their hands effectively and independently.
Being able to wash your hands is one of the fundamental personal hygiene tasks, and being able to do this with little or no help from others is an important milestone. Reaching this point means increasing the person’s independence, which will almost certainly lead in turn to an increase in their self-confidence, and in their motivation to complete more tasks independently.
The board itself is 32cm x 7cm – small enough so that it can easily sit by the sink or basin (or be displayed on the wall next to it), yet large enough so that the images and symbols can easily be seen.
Because it is made from plastic, it is waterproof and can be kept hygienically clean through wiping it down when necessary. It also stands up to the (often harsh) conditions of the bathroom, which can include moist, damp environments that other materials just would not stand up to.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully. Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
MVP+D2, United Kingdom
“Great tools to assist us as we care for our autistic grandson who is 3.”
Julie, United States
Great for taping near the sink.
“It’s durable and easy to follow.”
Sarah Has, Canada
“Use this all time works wonders”
Dawn Willer, United Kingdom
Very handy. Thank you.
- All in one board – no detachable symbols to make it easy to clean.
- Board size: 32cm x 7cm.
- Materials: Plastic Polypropylene
This product is not a toy. Only for use by people over the age of 3 years, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Personal Hygiene Bundle
Complete Self Care Bundle
Other products you might like
Cleaning Teeth Schedule
Getting Dressed Schedule