Visual Symbol Toilet Schedule (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A simple visual routine board to clearly prompt through each of the steps involved in using the toilet
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Perfect for potty-training young children, or for providing visual reinforcement of the steps needed for older children and adults to take.
- Great to help promote independence and develop key life skills around toileting and personal hygiene. Ideal for those that struggle with concentration, or executive functioning skills.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to steamy and humid bathroom environments that other materials would struggle in.
- Dimensions: 12.5” x 2.75” – large enough to easily see and refer to, small enough to fit beside most toilets
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
The Toilet Schedule by Autism Supplies and Developments is a handy little visual tool that helps users to develop personal hygiene skills and improve their independence by teaching them to use the toilet independently.
Using the toilet is one of the fundamental personal hygiene tasks, and being able to do this independently is an important milestone. Reaching this point means increasing the person’s independence, which will almost certainly lead in turn to an increase in their self-confidence, and in their motivation to complete other tasks independently.
The board itself is 12.5” x 2.75” – small enough so that it can easily be displayed next to the toilet, yet large enough so that the images and symbols can easily be seen.
Because it is made entirely from plastic, it is waterproof and can be kept hygienically clean through wiping it down when necessary and washing with a mild soap. It also stands up to the moist, damp bathroom environment that other materials just would not stand up to.
It is made from semi-flexible plastic, which means that it is strong and durable yet strong enough to last for years.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
12.50 x 2.75 x 0.05 Inches
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet