Visual Symbol Snack Choice Board (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A great visual tool to help those that struggle to communicate their choices verbally.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who has communication difficulties, and who are visual learners.
- A perfect introduction to visual communication, as the person immediately sees the positive results of engaging with the board, and starts to understand the importance of communicating with those around them.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge.
Board – 11.5” x 8.5” (A4) – the perfect size for keeping handy nearby whilst remaining easy to see at a glance to refer to.
Symbols – 1.75” square (rounded corners) – ideal size to be easy to both handle and see.
- Come with 15 common snack and drink symbols, including a range of healthy options to encourage healthy living.
- Symbols ship within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Snack Choice Board.
- Uses hook and loop fasteners to ensure maximum compatibility with your existing PECs symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
Perfect for helping to improve communication, this Board offers a visual choice of what the person may like to eat or drink as a snack. This A4 visual symbol board is the perfect size to be clearly visible when sat on a desk/on the wall, but also to easily to carry around to refer to.
With space for approximately 8 symbols on the board at any one time, the number of choices or options can be tailored to those activities that are actually available at that time, and can be adapted for people that can only handle a limited number of options.
Those with autism, or on the autistic spectrum, can offer suffer with difficulties in communicating their wants and needs to those around them. They may have language difficulties and be pre-verbal or non-verbal. Without this board, those people would not have a voice. They would not be able to make, or communicate, any meaningful choice about something so basic as what they would like to eat.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully. Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
Being made from semi-rigid plastic, this board is strong and durable, and easy to clean / sanitise. Simply wash with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Especially important at the moment, and designed to stand up to life in an autism household!
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
The Snack Choice Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 Inches (A4 size)
Me symbol: 1.75″ square
Keyring Symbols: 2.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 16