Visual Symbol Now, Next, Later (First, Then, After) Schedule Timetable Board (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A great visual tool to help those that struggle when transitioning from one activity to another.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Transitions are often a key source of stress for many on the spectrum, and the concept of a Now, Next Later board is one that is widely used.
- Perfect for those that struggle with transition-based anxiety, or those who have issues with executive functioning and organisational skills.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge.
Board – 11.5” x 8.5” (A4) – the perfect size for keeping handy nearby whilst remaining easy to see at a glance to refer to.
Symbols – 1.75” square (rounded corners) – ideal size to be easy to both handle and see.
- Come with 32 common activity symbols. These include a range of different personal hygiene tasks, school activities, meals, and hobbies / leisure activities.
- Symbols ship within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Now Next Later Board.
- Uses hook and loop fasteners to ensure maximum compatibility with your existing PECs symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose.
(The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
Perfect for helping to smooth transitioning from one activity to another, this A4 visual symbol board is the perfect size to be clearly visible when sat on a desk/on the wall, but also to easily to carry around to refer to.
It ships with a massive 32 pre-printed activity symbols, covering a wide range of areas and daily activities.
With space for 3 symbols on the board at any one time, it visually labels the current activity (Now), the next activity (next), and then an activity that will be happening at a later stage (Later). Putting this extra activity at the end, which is usually something the person likes to do, helps act as a powerful motivator to help them to stay calm and focussed on the task in hand.
Transitioning from one activity to another can be extremely challenging for someone on the autistic spectrum, and this board provides them clear, visual prompts to allow them to prepare themselves adequately for the change in activity. If the current activity is not a preferred one, it can also serve as a visual reminder that it will not last forever and that it will soon be over.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully. Being made from plastic means that both the board and symbols are flexible, yet remain strong and extremely durable.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
The Now Next Later Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 Inches (A4 size)
Symbols: 1.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 23