Visual Symbol Getting Dressed Schedule (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- Visual symbol routine / schedule board, complete with 12 symbols for common clothing symbols to help the person to independently dress.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Great to provide additional support to those that need it, and to help with executive functioning issues.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
Board: 12.2″ X 4.3″
Designed to be easily portable around the house, yet easy to see
Symbols: 1.8″ square (rounded corners)
Large enough to see clearly, small enough for little hands to use easily
- Suitable for all genders
- Includes 12 pre-printed semi-rigid plastic symbols for common items of clothing:
trousers / pants (two symbols for different terminology), underwear (male), underwear (female), shorts, t-shirt, jumper, bra, tights, skirt, socks, shirt, dress
- Uses hook and loop fasteners to ensure maximum compatibility with your existing PECs symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker TM software. These are images that most schools and facilities use, meaning that the individual is more likely to be familiar with them. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly increase understanding.
(Images used are by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide).
The ASD Getting Dressed is a simple, yet highly effective, tool, that is great for giving that extra helping hand and visual prompt to help those that need support with independent dressing.
Perfect for anyone with limited abilities to communicate verbally or read words, it is commonly used to help support autistic individuals, as well as those with PDA, ADHD, dementia and even young neurotypical children.
It allows the user to easily see exactly which clothes need to be put on, and in which order. The Getting Dressed Schedule / picture routine board is a perfect tool to encourage independence and responsibility and improve executive functioning skills.
Your ASD Getting Dressed Schedule will come with 12 pre-printed clothing symbols, plus enough hook and loop fastening for all the symbols. Each set of images that come with our products have been carefully selected based on over 30 years of professional and personal experience – together with feedback from our thousands of customers across the world.
This board is suitable for people of all genders.
With the board measuring 31cm x 8cm, and made from flexible but strong plastic (to help avoid injury) it’s the perfect size to travel around the house so it is always available to check and refer back to.
There is space on the board for up to 5 clothing symbols at any given time. Any fewer, and the board becomes less useful. Any more than 5 and it can easily get confusing and defeat the object of using the board.
Symbols included with this board are: underwear (male), underwear (female), socks, tights, bra, t-shirt, pants, skirt, jumper, shirt, dress, shorts.
Each set of symbols ships within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Getting Dressed Schedule!
The Getting Dressed Schedule by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
12.20 x 4.30 x 0.20 Inches
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 12