Visual Symbol Emotion Commuincation Board (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A great visual tool to help those that have difficulties in identifying emotions and conveying how they are feeling to those around them.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who has communication or emotional difficulties, and who are visual learners.
- A perfect way to teach about emotions, and to give the person a voice to communicate their own emotions in a fun, engaging manner.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge.
Board – 11.5” x 8.5” (A4) – the perfect size for keeping handy nearby whilst remaining easy to see at a glance to refer to.
Symbols – 1.75” square (rounded corners) – ideal size to be easy to both handle and see.
- Comes with 8 pre-printed plastic symbols covering a wide range of emotions. Symbols ship within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Emotion Board.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
The Emotion Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is ideal to be used as a tool to teach about emotions, and to encourage users to express themselves and how they are feeling.
This durable A4 plastic board is a great tool to introduce the concept of emotions, and to help users to express how they are feeling. Frustration at not being understood is common amongst non-verbal, pre-verbal and even verbal people with limited communication skills, and so a tool to help them express themselves in a non-threatening, non-verbal way can be a fantastic way to reduce stress and meltdowns.
This product can be used as a way of the person communicating to those around them how they are feeling, or it can be used by parents/teachers/carers as a way of teaching the person about their emotions through labelling the appropriate emotion at a specific point in time.
Comes complete with 8 different emotion symbols symbols that can be used to complete the ‘I feel …’ sentence at the bottom of the board. Pre printed and ready to go. Just pop out from the backing plastic, and attach the enclosed hook and loop.
No more laminating symbols just to have them split and fall apart a few weeks later! A game changer for parents and professionals alike!
Those with autism, or on the autistic spectrum, can offer suffer with difficulties in identifying emotion (both their own, and those of others), and communicating those emotions effectively to those around them. This board provides them with a fantastic tool with which to learn about emotions, and to start to convey their own feelings to others.
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia. It has also been used in pre-schools and other early years setting extremely successfully.
Being made from semi-rigid plastic, this board is strong and durable, and easy to clean / sanitise. Simply wash with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Especially important at the moment, and designed to stand up to life in an autism household!
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
The Emotion Board by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard.
This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 Inches (A4 size)
Symbols: 1.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 8