Visual Symbol Day Planner/Organizer (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia)
- A fantastic visual resource to encourage users to take responsibility for packing their bag for the day ahead in a clear, picture-based manner.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Great to help promote independence and develop executive functioning skills, and ideal for those that struggle with their concentration.
- A4 board, together with 23 symbols and a detachable sentence strip to allow the person to easily carry a visual list of what they need around the house as they pack their bag.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to everyday use in an autism household!
Board: A4 size – a great size for both display on the wall and also to keep on the desk for easy access and reference
Symbols: 1.75” square, again easy to both see and handle
- Includes pre-printed plastic symbols for the 7 days of the week, several common places to spend the day, and a collection of common items that are often required (a total of 23 symbols).#
- We use hook and loop fasteners with our products, to ensure that the board is also compatible with your existing PECS symbol library.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose.
(The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
The ASD Day Planner is a simple, yet highly effective, tool, that is great for providing the structure and visual prompts that many on the autistic spectrum need in order to thrive.
Perfect for anyone with limited abilities to communicate verbally or read words, it is commonly used to help support autistic individuals, as well as those with PDA, ADHD, dementia and even young neurotypical children.
It allows the user to easily see exactly what day of the week it is, where they will be spending it, and what they need to pack in their bags.
The Day Planner / picture schedule board is a perfect tool to encourage independence and responsibility and improve executive functioning skills.
Your ASD Day Planner will come with 23 pre-printed symbols, plus enough hook and loop fastening for all the symbols. Included are the 7 days of the week, 3 locations (home, school, respite), plus 13 symbols for things that the person may need to pack in their bag.
Each set of images that come with our products have been carefully selected based on over 30 years of professional and personal experience – together with feedback from our thousands of customers across the world.
With the board being A4 in size, and made from flexible but strong plastic (to help avoid injury) it’s the perfect size to travel around the house so it is always available to check and refer back to.
It also features a detachable sentence strip that can be easily carried around the house while packing.
There is space on the board for approximately 5 ‘item’ symbols at any given time. Any fewer, and the board becomes less useful. Any more than 5 and it can easily get confusing and defeat the object of using the board.
Each set of symbols ships within a sheet of backing plastic to help prevent damage during the shipping process. Simply pop the symbols out from the backing plastic, attach the hook and loop fastener enclosed, and you’re ready to start using your Day Planner!
The Day Planner by Autism Supplies and Developments is suitable for children over the age of 3. Please be aware, it contains small parts that could be considered a choking hazard. This product is not a toy, and should only be used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 11.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 Inches (A4 size)
Symbols: 1.75″ square
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet
Number of Symbols: 23