Visual Symbol Behavior Display Chart (for autism, ASD, PDA, ADHD, dementia
- A simple visual behavior display board to clearly remind users about behaviors that are desirable, and those which are unacceptable.
- Ideal for those with autism, or for anyone who takes comfort in routines and are visual learners.
- Perfect for young children, or for providing visual reinforcement of the rules for older children and even adults with disabilities.
- Great to help promote independence and self restraint around management of own behavior.
- Made from semi-rigid plastic, so incredibly durable and hardwearing. Last for years (under normal usage conditions). No laminated paper which can split or crease easily.
- Waterproof, and easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive sponge. Designed to stand up to regular washing and sanitising – particularly important in today’s environment.
- Dimensions: 16” x 10.5” – large enough to easily see and refer to, without being so large it takes over the wall display.
- Uses the same symbols as the Boardmaker (TM) software. These are the images that most schools and facilities use on a daily basis, meaning that the individual is likely to be familiar with them already. This is perfect when trying to encourage use of the product or to quickly develop an understanding of the product and its purpose. (The images used are Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson, and are used with permission. All rights reserved worldwide.)
A colorful A3 visual display that provides clear examples of both desirable and also unacceptable behaviors.
Perfect for anyone with limited abilities to communicate verbally or read words, it is commonly used to help support autistic individuals, as well as those with PDA, ADHD, dementia and even young neurotypical children.
Rather than constant, stressful, verbal reminders, children can simply be referred to the sturdy and clear display chart. The child can look at the display for as long as they need to in order to process what is required of them, and can self refer back to it when needed. Its bright colours and eye catching design means it is a popular addition to any classroom.
The Behavior Display Chart is a perfect tool to encourage independence and responsibility in terms of controlling their own behavior.
The red section (labelled with a cross) shows 5 of the most common negative behaviours. The green section (labelled with a tick), displays 5 positive behaviours to reinforce.
Being A3 in size makes it the perfect size to display on the wall – it is large enough to easily see and be able to refer to, but it is small enough so as not to take over the wall display.
One of our most popular products, this A3 sized plastic board is perfect to attach to the wall (fixings not included), or keeping in a clearly visible place to make it easy to refer to quickly.
With the board measuring 16” x 10.5”, and made from flexible but strong plastic (to help avoid injury) the perfect size to easily see whilst not being too intrusive in a room. And because it’s so strong and durable, it can be placed at children’s eye level for easy reference with no concerns about it becoming ripped or damaged.
This is one of our all-in-one products, meaning there are no detachable symbols and behaviors are pre-printed onto the board itself. This means it is extremely easy to clean with a mild soap and non-abrasive cloth/sponge – simply wipe over to sanitise. Especially important in today’s times!
Designed initially for autistic children, it has been used successfully with a wide age range and also alternative diagnoses such as learning disabilities, ADHD, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and even dementia.
Visual aids and communication symbols are being used globally with people with learning disabilities and people on the spectrum, as well as in mainstream preschools. Now you can use the same system at home, giving your child consistency and gaining the same benefits as teachers and carers have been seeing for years.
This product is part of the Autism Supplies and Developments range of visual communication aids, which were originally designed to help our own autistic son. With over 30 years professional and personal experience being with those on the spectrum, you can be sure that these products are well designed and helpful.
Senior, Adult, Toddler, Tween, Child, Teen
Red / Green
Autism Supplies and Developments
Board: 16 x 10.5 x 0.05 Inches (A3 size)
This product is not a toy.
Only for use by people over the age of three, under direct supervision by a responsible adult.
Contains small parts that may represent a choking hazard.
California State Proposition 65:
Contains Chemical, Aerosol or Pesticde?: No
Is Powered?: No
Is Anti-glare: Yes
Is Magnetic: No
Finish: Matt finish
Material: Polypropylene Plastic Sheet